Award-winning global sourcing advisory and benchmarking firm, Alsbridge, Inc., today released a new report on “The Coming Marriage of Necessity Between CIO and CMO.”
The report suggests that the latest hot topic of discussion in the C-suite is not related to traditional conversations like which ERP system or customer relationship management system to implement. Instead, it is about leveraging new channels to market and deciding who will own delivery – the Chief Information Officer (CIO) and/or the Chief Marketing Officer (CMO)?
The real challenge is going to come in the sourcing process. “The CIO and CMO are going to have to move from collegial members of the C-Suite, to being joined at the hip allies like they never have been before,” says Ben Trowbridge, Founder and CEO, Alsbridge Inc. The words in one’s marriage vows, “for better or worse, in good times and bad…” are an appropriate description.
The newly consummated marriage between CIO and CMO must also be structured to include a third party – the managed service provider. As the leading independent sourcing advisor, Alsbridge has assisted hundreds of companies across all industry verticals to establish and maintain mutually beneficial relationships with managed service providers.
The five takeaways from this report are:
- For buyers to fully leverage their ability to utilize social media, mobility and other digital channels, the CIO and the CMO are going to have to work together in ways they have not done before;
- The life span of the technology is short and the customers need to think about it as a disposable asset rather than one that can be depreciated. So don’t buy it, “lease” it and the resources needed to implement, use and shut it down;
- Ensuring that any corporate system has the architecture to acquire, store and provide access to the data collected from these channels;
- The key to success is establishing a flexible relationship with a managed service provider that can help a customer provision, test, scale, run and then shut down the technology.
- Significantly different ways to procure and manage the services. Traditional methods take too long, are too expensive and may not get you the right result.
And of course, there is number six – contact Alsbridge. We can help because we know which managed service providers have the capabilities customers need and how to establish a contract and relationship with them that will work for both the CIO and CMO.
You can download the complete report here The Coming Marriage of Necessity between CIO and CMO.
About Alsbridge Inc.
Alsbridge provides world class sourcing advisory and benchmarking services for the CIO, CFO and CPO. We’ve helped hundreds of companies reduce costs and get more value from their vendors. Our experienced consultants leverage proprietary tools and information databases to identify and engage the optimal vendors for your situation, negotiate best practice terms at fair market prices, and improve the way you work with your vendors. Alsbridge clients utilize the most cost effective and value added sources globally for IT infrastructure services, hardware and maintenance, network services, software and maintenance, application support and development, business processes and cloud services. Alsbridge was ranked the #1 outsourcing advisor in the world by the International Association of Outsourcing Professionals (IAOP) based on the value delivered to clients. This commitment to delivering value to our clients has made Alsbridge a distinguished member of the 2010 Inc. 500 fastest growing privately held companies in America.